Yay for Blogging Awards!
My blog was nominated for a Liebster award!!
Cue the confetti and party music!
I would like to give a huge thank you to Deandrea at Deandrea Ashanelle for nominating me for a Liebster Award! Thank you for recognizing my blog and giving me this opportunity to share this award with fellow bloggers! I truly appreciate it.
What is the Liebster Award?
The Liebster Award is an internet award given by bloggers to fellow bloggers. For the official rules, click here!
This award is a great way to discover other bloggers, especially ones who are newer to the blogging world. My belief is that as bloggers we are a unique community, and getting to know each other and read each other’s content is so important!
Part of the rules of Liebster nominations is that the nominees answer questions posed by the person nominating. Here are the questions Deandrea asked me and my answers!
- What do you enjoy most about blogging?
I love being able to express myself and share tips through such a fun, versatile outlet. For some blog posts I feel like I have so much to say, and others not as much. But the great thing about blogging is that it is so unique and has very few rules. It’s the perfect way to be creative and share knowledge at the same time!
- What do you love most about yourself?
I love that I am loyal. When I have a friend or family member in trouble or needs help, I will stick by them no matter what!
- What is your favorite thing to do at the moment?
Not gonna lie, it’s between napping and watching Hulu. Honestly my two favorite free time activities. I’ve also been reading a lot more lately, so I factor that in around my naptime too!
- Where do you see yourself in the future?
It’s not crystal clear to me yet of course, but I am currently pursuing a degree in nursing and hope to find a career in nursing after college. I would love to move back to Chicago and work at the children’s hospital or on a maternal floor at an urban hospital. I also could see myself working in Latin America and serving mothers and children there!
- What is your blog’s mission?
Collegiate Curls is “just another” college blog. But I feel like each blogger has a unique perspective and can speak from her own experiences. I want Collegiate Curls to be helpful to people (especially girls) starting or continuing college, with tips on how to make college the best 4 years of their lives so far. As I journey through college and beyond, I want to teach and mentor others by example and through my blog!
- Describe yourself in 3 words?
Loyal, compassionate, driven
- How do you motivate yourself?
Readers of my blog (as well as friends and family) know that I like to set goals and make lists. When I have a step-by-step plan on how to achieve my goals, I can keep myself motivated and better stay on track!
- What is your favorite television show?
Parks and Recreation or Brooklyn 9-9.
- What is the craziest thing you have ever done?
I climbed a via ferrata in Spain! I know, climbing isn’t that crazy, but it was probably the most terrified I have ever been and the proudest I have been of myself after conquering it!
- What is the weirdest food you’ve eaten?
Rabo de toro (bull tail)
- How do you take/find photos for your blog?
My friends and I love to do fun photo shoots at school, so that is where I get a lot of my outfit and campus shots! Most of my other photography I just do with my iPhone in the moment.
And now, drumroll please……
My nominations for the Liebster award are:
Jules from For the Sake of Good Taste
Sam at Sincerely Sam
Madison from The Blonde Lifestyle
Kate at Simply by Kate
Close at Practically Close
And here are my questions for these bloggers to answer:
- What is your favorite part about being a blogger?
- How does your blog make an impact on your readers or even on yourself?
- What would you or others say is your biggest strength?
- What accomplishment are you proudest of?
- What is the best advice someone has ever given you?
- Who or what inspires you the most?
- What is your favorite movie or book?
- If you could pick up and move anywhere in the world, where would you go?
- What type of cookie best describes you and why?
- Coffee or tea?
Thanks again to everyone who has made this award possible! It is such a fun experience to be recognized by other bloggers and to discover new bloggers as well!